I have been searching for healthy snacks on the internet that would be good to have when I have that urge to munch on something. I am sure you have had this urge before! I have found on numerous sites that Kale Chips are a great, nutritious snack. They have that crispy taste – sort of like a potato chip. They are so simple to make!
Here is the recipe to make Kale Chips. Let me know what you think!
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash and dry the kale and then strip them off of their stem and tear into larger pieces (if they are too small, they can fall apart).
- Then warm coconut oil (about 1 tbsp for all of the kale) in the palm of your hands and toss the kale until it is all coated.
- Next, spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper (single layer is important or they will steam instead of crisp up).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then bake for about 20 to 25 min.
- Once they are done, sprinkle your seasoning of choice on top (xylitol brown sugar, garlic or a spicy seasoning all work great).
Need more healthy options? Read these 15 steps I added to my lifestyle that helped me lose 30 pounds in 4 months.